Tuesday, January 27, 2009

REVIEW: iHome iHM77RC Portable Multimedia Speakers

My family loves music. We all have different tastes, and since we can rarely agree on what to listen to, everyone has an mp3 player. That way, nobody has to argue about music selection; four different people with four different tastes in music used to mean volume wars before we got the iPods.

Even so, I like to have music playing when I scrapbook. Since the scrapbook room is in the basement, I can play my music as loud as I want! The problem is that the songs I really want to listen to are on my iPod, and having the cord from ear buds dangling while I am trying to concentrate on my designs is annoying. So, I have to choose to put up with the cord or forgo the music.

I also like to be able to use my laptop in my classroom to share audio and video clips with my students. However, the speakers on my current laptop are not powerful enough for my students to hear well.

So, needless to say, when asked by Mom Fuse if I was interested in reviewing a set of portable speakers from iHome Audio, I jumped at the chance.

Now, I have to admit, when the package arrived in the mail, I had serious doubts that the iHM77RC Multimedia Portable Speakers would be the solution I was looking for. They are quite small, and I assumed that they sound quality would not impress me.

I first tested the iHM77RC Portable Multimedia Speakers at home with my iPod and immediately knew that my initial impression was wrong. These bitty speakers pack a big punch! The quality of sound is crisp and clear, even when the volume is turned all the way up.

Next, I took the speakers to school and tried them out with my laptop. Again, they delivered a full, clear sound. All of my students, regardless of where they were sitting in the classroom, were able to hear the audio clips.

Aside from the impressive sound from the iHM77RC Portable Multimedia Speakers, I love their tiny size. They take up such little room, so they are perfect for small spaces. The included carrying pouch is great for keeping them protected when taking them to and from work. I have to admit, I also adore the red color. No boring black for me!

From the website:
Sound Beyond Size! The iHM77 is the perfect stereo speaker system for your iPod, iPhone, Macbook or any Laptop and MP3 player. The iHM77 speakers attach magnetically in a capsule shape for ultimate portability, then separate and extend for surprisingly big stereo sound that must be heard to be believed. Features two amplified speakers with built-in rechargeable batteries, vacuum bass expansion, USB charging, and comes with a protective carrying case.

Check out iHome Audio to buy these amazing speakers for only $49.99. Be sure to take a look at all the other great products they have available as well.

No comments: