Wednesday, January 21, 2009

REVIEW: [me] & goji Custom Artisanal Cereal

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I'm not talking about the time of day when the meal is eaten; I mean the food that is typically served for breakfast. I could eat breakfast foods-especially cereal- for every meal.

I don't know what it is about cereal that I love so much. Perhaps its the memory of digging to the bottom of the box to get the prize before my brother or sisters did. (I don't do that anymore. :) ) Maybe I just like the convenience of merely pouring it into the bowl, adding the milk (just a little bit!), and it's ready to eat. Who knows.

What I am certain of is that I spend far too much time in the cereal aisle of the grocery store. I find myself reading labels way more than I ever have before. I want to be sure that I am giving my family healthy, yet tasty, cereal.

When Mom Fuse asked if I wanted to review Custom Artisanal Cereal from [me] & goji, I was excited. I figured it would be a lot of fun creating my own cereal mix. I wasn't prepared for all of the choices I would have to make, however.

I am not complaining. Creating the cereal took time, but I enjoyed the process. There are seriously over 40 healthy ingredients to choose from.

First, I chose the base for my cereal. I went with artisanal cereal- traditional, crunchy cereal flakes that Americans love combined with the nutritional righteousness of raw rolled flakes found in muesli . Next, I added some wheat germ, organic, gluten-free corn flakes, choco peanuts (had to add a bit of sweetness), golden granola, cacao nibs (these are amazing!), sunflower seeds and almonds. Finally, I named my cereal and submitted the order. I could not wait for it to arrive!

Once my family and I tasted the cereal, we had a bit of a disagreement on how it would be shared. I really wanted to be selfish and keep it for myself, but knowing how healthy it was for my family, and the fact that my kids would eat it, I caved. With all of us eating it, the capsule of cereal only lasted a few days, and now we want to try another.

A little about [me] & goji-

the first custom cereal and granola company. This premium product was not only created for cereal lovers, but also for people with specific tastes and nutritional needs and goals which I believe suits men,woman, and young, picky eaters quite well!

Simply visit our website, www.meandgoji.com, and choose from over 40 all-natural and organic ingredients that include the healthiest superfoods on earth. After creating and naming your cereal, we ship it directly to your door in our sleek Cereal Capsule designed for portability and keeping your mixture fresh! We also offer free, personalized notes.

Furthermore, we are a mission driven company that believe in using our resources in ways that benefit society and the environment. Currently, we offer "green tags" to offset all the CO2 emissions from the manufacturing and shipping of your cereal, and "pink tags" that go to Pinkdoor Nonprofit which supports breast cancer survivors in "starting fresh."


Visit [me] & goji and have fun creating a custom cereal for your family.

No comments: