Friday, February 27, 2009

Dilmah Tea Review


When I was a little girl, my gram used to brew us tea from some of the most aromatic leaves, and then we'd sit together at her tiny round kitchen table- sipping our tea from dainty porcelain cups. Conversation over tea was important to my gram. She always felt that the tea relaxed us, and allowed us to open up with one another. She was right.

It was while we sipped tea that I told my gram my biggest secretes, fears and dreams. I told her things I told nobody else. She and that tea had ways of helping me through some very difficult times in my life.

I have continued to believe in my adulthood that tea has a powerful ability to soothe my spirit.

Recently, Mom Fuse asked me to review Dilmah teas, and for all the reasons above, I knew that I was going to love this assignment.

About Dilmah Tea-
Dilmah is unique brand of tea. It has been founded on a passionate commitment to quality and authenticity in tea by Merrill J. Fernando and his two sons.

The Fernando family built their business around their love for tea; today Dilmah is the only vertically integrated tea company with its own tea gardens – some of Ceylon’s best estates - and state of the art printing & packaging facilities, tea packing and investments in every segment of the industry. As Merrill often says, “my family cares for your tea, from the tea nursery right to your teacup.”

In Ceylon, a country famous for its tea, there is a tea famous for its taste. Dilmah.

I was sent Ceylon Cinnamon Spice tea from Dilma's t-series to review.
A combination of Ceylon's finest produce - fine Ceylon Tea, grown at 4,000 feet elevation in the Dimbula Region in the spicy embrace of Ceylon Cinnamon. The dry leaf is shotty in appearance. In the cup, a golden brown infusion, with brightness, medium body and a sweet piquancy. The slightly woody note of Cinnamon with its pervasive fragrance is enlivening and complements the tea perfectly, adding a touch of sharpness. tasting notes - Tight granular brown-black with orange flecks in the leaf. Of mahogany colour (chestnut with red tones) in the liquor colour, this tea smells and tastes of freshly ground cinnamon and hazelnuts. The sweet cinnamon flavour is strong but soon gives way to black tea flavours with nuances of nutmeg and spice. An enticing and glamorous tea that will enkindle your palate.

I was pleased with the flavor- slightly sweet with a great cinnamon taste. I haven't tried the tea iced, but I am going to have to. It is simply divine hot, and I can only imagine that it would be just as delicious cold. Gram would have loved it!

Thanks Mom Fuse for this review opportunity.

No comments: